Senior Application Specialist
Micro Focus/BMC Atrium CMDB
For over 10 years, Comparo has been transforming the way businesses utilize IT to steer their customer-centric services. We have proven ourselves to be known for the efficiency and flexibility that an IT Services & Management company offers. This wouldn’t be possible without our interdisciplinary and international team achieving that impeccable balance of creativity and analytical problem-solving skills. We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the most trusted advisors amongst our client base. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
About the role
Comparo AB is seeking a Micro Focus (HP)/BMC Atrium CMDB Consultant who will support our customer base in the Nordics. This is a software consulting/engineering role where your contribution will not only be limited to providing strategic guidance and creating roadmaps, but you will also be responsible for hands-on implementation, customization, maintenance and improving the CMDB solutions. You will be responsible for the coordination of CMDB data and CMDB integration-related projects to efficiently drive CMDB data quality for the Technology Enterprise.
Additionally, you will meet with stakeholders to extract their requirements for the purpose of documenting and presenting solution proposals to both feed and extract the data into and from the CMDB. You will be involved at any or all stages of the project life cycle such refining solution specifications, laying down architectural guidelines and sharing configuration best-practices with the client team, have experienced the most common ITSM use cases, you will also often be required to manage part or all of the project; after-sales support or even hands-on developing the actual code, integrations and workflows.
Competing candidates with a demonstrable degree of self-motivation for learning new technologies, logical thinking and out-of-the-box problem-solving skills will have an added advantage. We are always looking for talent that thrives in a team of highly collaborative associates with a passion to learn new technologies and development methodologies.
As a senior application specialist, you will be responsible for working with clients who are going through complex ITSM transformations involving Configuration Management Systems. You will partner with these Enterprise level customers from an end-to-end perspective and lead them through the adoption and delivery of ITSM engagements. You must have hands-on experience in:
- Configuring and deploying Micro Focus Configuration Management System or BMC ITSM solutions
- Writing and customizing SQL queries to assist in data extraction
- Extracting, manipulating and exporting large data sets
- REST APIs and interfacing with them through code
- Automation and a desire to develop hands-off solutions with no manual data entry
- Development Studio, preparing the migration packages and Migrating the code
- Troubleshooting, root cause analysis and suggesting mitigations
- Creating datasets, configuring Precedence groups and Rules
- Reconciliation, normalization, synchronization jobs, and data integrations from discovery tools that ingest data into the CMDB.
- Managing asset data and knowledge around how People relationship data is consumed across the enterprise
Necessary skills for the role:
- ITIL v3/4 Foundation Certification
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016 is expected for writing SQL queries
- +5 yrs of experience in implementing ITIL processes
- +10 yrs of experience from Micro Focus Configuration Management and/or BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) tools (e.g. cmdbdriver, data import, data migration, etc.)
- +10 yrs of experience from Underlying code knowledge on CMDB, Data structures, Table Workflows, relationship with classes and datasets
- +5 yrs of experience from “Out of the Box” Asset module workflows and ability to enhance/add new code without breaking the existing functionality
- +5 yrs of experience in ITIL based Service Asset and Configuration Management Process
- +5 yrs of experience from integrating Configuration Management Systems with external infrastructure provisioning systems
- Owning, managing and advocating ITIL processes will be considered as a huge plus
Partner with Us!
Our solutions are all aimed towards automating the IT services at the same time ensuring cost-effective solutions without compromising on the time to deliver or the quality of the services.
Successfully enabling IT service management to large companies and public organization in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and the UK.