Senior Application Specialist
Micro Focus Operations Orchestration
For over 10 years, Comparo has been transforming the way businesses utilize IT to steer their customer-centric services. We have proven ourselves to be known for the efficiency and flexibility that an IT Services & Management company offers. This wouldn’t be possible without our interdisciplinary and international team achieving that impeccable balance of creativity and analytical problem-solving skills. We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the most trusted advisors amongst our client base. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
About the role
This is a software consulting/engineering role where your contribution will span from providing technical expertise to implement, customize and maintain enterprise orchestration solutions for our clients. You will be involved at any or all stages of the project lifecycle such refining solution specifications, laying down architectural guidelines and sharing configuration best-practices with the client team, have experienced the most common Orchestration use cases, you will also often be required to manage part or all of the project; after-sales support or even hands-on developing the actual code, integrations and workflows. It is imperative that you have experience in other commonly related solutions such as service monitoring, ITSM and also third-party external systems.
Competing candidates with a demonstrable degree of self-motivation for learning new technologies, logical thinking and out-of-the-box problem-solving skills will have an added advantage. We are always looking for talent that thrives in a team of highly collaborative associates with a passion to learn new technologies and development methodologies.
As a senior application specialist you must have:
- Previous experience in a similar client-facing consulting role, ideally with an IT Services or Consultancy business.
- 6+ years of relevant hands-on experience in projects involving Micro Focus Operations Orchestration delivering robust enterprise solutions and integrations for automation purposes
- Strong communication, presentation, and client relationship building skills
- Understanding of security and connectivity architectures related to automation
- Knowledge of best practices and industry standards for automation.
- Work closely with Service Owners to review service delivery quality with a focus on continuous improvement.
Necessary Skills for this role:
- Design and architecture, installation, implementation and configuration of Micro Focus Operations Orchestration also state experience from other Orchestration platforms
- Excellent working experience in Operations Orchestration and Operations Orchestration Studio
- Experience in creating workflows for provisioning/de-provisioning automation
- Create custom workflows
- Hands-on experience with REST and SOAP methods
- Minimum 6 years of experience with Micro Focus Operations Orchestration also state number of years of experience from other Orchestration platforms
- Act as the Micro Focus Orchestration subject matter expert and advise on implementing best practice for the most common uses cases
- Excellent Scripting Skills in Python 3.6, PowerShell, Bash, Python, Groovy etc to expand Orchestration beyond the out-of-the-box capabilities.
- Work in conjunction with the end client to best utilize the full capability of Orchestration
- Develop, Trouble-shoot and work as technical mentor/expert at customer sites
- Experience being “the go-to” person on technical and strategic matters regarding automation and in particular Orchestration
- Should have experience in database, preferably MySql
- Basic understanding of the infrastructure and application monitoring concepts.
- ITIL certification
Good to have skills:
- Knowledge around other enterprise solutions such as or Micro Focus UCMDB would be a big plus
- Significant Experience of design, engineering and consultancy of enterprise tools including elements such as discovery, system configuration, monitoring, service automation and CMDB
- A broader level of experience within the ITSM product suite would be an advantage but is not essential.
Partner with Us!
Our solutions are all aimed towards automating the IT services at the same time ensuring cost-effective solutions without compromising on the time to deliver or the quality of the services.
Successfully enabling IT service management to large companies and public organization in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and the UK.