Senior Application Specialist
Micro Focus Service Manager
For over 10 years, Comparo has been transforming the way businesses utilize IT to steer their customer-centric services. We have proven ourselves to be known for the efficiency and flexibility that an IT Services & Management company offers. This wouldn’t be possible without our interdisciplinary and international team achieving that impeccable balance of creativity and analytical problem-solving skills. We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the most trusted advisors amongst our client base. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
About the role
Comparo AB is seeking a Micro Focus (HP) Service Manager Consultant who will support several projects involving customers in the Nordics. This is a software consulting/engineering role where your contribution will span from providing technical expertise to implement, customize and maintain Micro Focus Service Manager solution for our clients. You will be involved at any or all stages of the project life cycle such refining solution specifications, laying down architectural guidelines and sharing configuration best-practices with the client team, have experienced the most common ITSM use cases, you will also often be required to manage part or all of the project; after-sales support or even hands-on developing the actual code, integrations and workflows.
Competing candidates with a demonstrable degree of self-motivation for learning new technologies, logical thinking and out-of-the-box problem-solving skills will have an added advantage. We are always looking for talent that thrives in a team of highly collaborative associates with a passion to learn new technologies and development methodologies.
As a Senior Application Specialist, you will be responsible for working with clients who are going through complex ITSM transformations using Microfocus Service Manager. You will partner with these Enterprise level customers from an end-to-end perspective and lead them through the adoption and delivery of ITSM engagements.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Potential to act as a technical lead as well as a trusted advisor for the clients.
- Proven experience in ITSM Solutions such as Microfocus Service Manager (Mandatory) but will also consider BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, CA Service Desk
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in projects involving Service Manager delivering robust enterprise solution and integrations.
- Experience in providing solution consultancy or involvement in an ITSM transformation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or under only general direction
- Previous experience in customer-facing roles and can manage senior stakeholders expectations (external).
- Fluency in English. Added bonus if you know Swedish, however, it is not a must.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills besides sharp attention to details.
- Keen sense of responsibility for written and oral communications, as well as oral presentations in order to communicate technical topics to management, non-technical audiences and internal stakeholders on a daily basis.
Necessary Skills for this role:
- Strong technical knowledge around Micro Focus Service Management Solution and integrations.
- Evaluate and translate requirements into technical software program specifications using best practices/procedures and guidelines as a reference.
- Assist in implementing HPE (Micro Focus) Service Manager and develop process and guidelines around the specifications.
- Design, develop, test, document and implement solutions using Service Manager to meet requirements
- Design workflows in Service Manager to fulfil user requirements.
- Perform administrative functions such as granting requesters access to workflows, setting up proper Request profiles, associating necessary profiles to various users and configuring user menus so that the requested workflows are easily accessible in Service Manager.
- Isolate and resolve software application problems affecting workflows using HPE (Micro Focus) supplied guideline and support services
- Assist with definition, integration and implementation of other best practice/ITIL process areas.
Partner with Us!
Our solutions are all aimed towards automating the IT services at the same time ensuring cost-effective solutions without compromising on the time to deliver or the quality of the services.
Successfully enabling IT service management to large companies and public organization in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and the UK.