Senior Application Specialist
For over 20 years, Comparo has been transforming the way businesses utilize IT to steer their customer-centric services. We have proven ourselves to be known for the efficiency and flexibility that an IT Services & Management company offers. This wouldn’t be possible without our interdisciplinary and international team achieving that impeccable balance of creativity and analytical problem-solving skills. We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the most trusted advisors amongst our client base. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
About the role
This is a software consulting/engineering role where your contribution will span from providing technical expertise to implement, customize and maintain Splunk ITSI solutions for our clients. You will be involved at any or all stages of the project lifecycle such as refining solution specifications, laying down architectural guidelines and sharing configuration best practices with the client team. A background in Administration, Security, consulting, and troubleshooting will prepare you well for this opportunity. The focus of this role will be on core Splunk installations and gathering Splunk data across the enterprise, to feed into core Splunk and Splunk Apps. Additionally, you will play a central role in expanding the IT Operations and Analytics practice.
Attaining the IT operations goals of the engineering team by demonstrating sound decision making, disciplined technical execution and domain expertise, and a relentless focus on customer experience will be critical to your position. While this role requires specific Splunk ITSI expertise, we will provide preferential consideration for candidates who have worked with Splunk and other monitoring solutions such as BMC TrueSight Operations Management, MicrosoFoucus Ops Bridge, Nagios, OP5 or SCOM preciously.
Competing candidates with a demonstrable degree of self-motivation for learning new technologies, logical thinking and out-of-the-box problem-solving skills will have an added advantage. We are always looking for talent that thrives in a pack of highly collaborative associates with a strong interest to learn new technologies and development methodologies.
As a senior application specialist you must have:
- Previous experience in a similar client-facing consulting role, ideally with an IT Services or Consultancy business.
- 8+ years of relevant hands-on experience in projects involving IT infrastructure monitoring, Splunk Enterprise and preferably 2-3 years of Splunk ITSI Administration.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and strong technical learning aptitude are required.
- Strong communication, presentation, and client relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of best practices and industry standards such as ITIL Service Delivery processes.
- Work closely with Service Owners to review service delivery quality with a focus on continuous improvement.
Necessary Skills for this role:
- You have experience with client/server communications privacy using private key infrastructure (PKI)
- Splunk experience including, but is not limited to, Splunk Administration; Splunk Search Processing language; Splunk Reporting and Dashboard Creation.
- Experience in application load balancing in Splunk and/or using DNS and Load Balancing Services (such as F5)
- You should be versed in Linux scripting (SH, BASH, KSH)
- Experience must include using regex (regular expressions) with a scripting language. Experience with Perl regular expressions are preferred, but the use of regex objects in any scripting language (bash, python, etc.) is acceptable.
- Ingest data from data sources or create custom add-ons for non-standard data sources
- Run simple and advanced searches
- Create custom alerts, reports, and reports
- Able to conduct a service decomposition, create services and dependencies, upload services and entities in Splunk ITSI
- Fine-tune prebuilt Splunk ITSI KPIs, KPIs Based Search, and ad hoc KPIs
- Create Service templates and custom KPIs based searches in Splunk ITSI
- Create glass table in Splunk ITSI
Good to have credentials:
- Splunk Core Certified Power User
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin
- Splunk IT Service Intelligence Certified Admin
- BMC Certified Professional in BMC TrueSight.
- A broader level of experience within Enterprise Monitoring & Event Management.
Partner with Us!
Our solutions are all aimed towards automating the IT services at the same time ensuring cost-effective solutions without compromising on the time to deliver or the quality of the services.
Successfully enabling IT service management to large companies and public organization in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and the UK.