Senior Solution Architect
For over 20 years, Comparo has been transforming the way businesses utilize IT to steer their customer-centric services. We have proven ourselves to be known for the efficiency and flexibility that an IT Services & Management company offers. This wouldn’t be possible without our interdisciplinary and international team achieving that impeccable balance of creativity and analytical problem-solving skills. We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the most trusted advisors amongst our client base. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
About the role
This is a software consulting/engineering role where your contribution will span from providing technical expertise to implementing, customizing, and maintaining Splunk Enterprise solutions for our clients. You will be involved at any or all stages of the project lifecycle such as refining solution specifications, laying down architectural guidelines, and sharing configuration best practices with the client team. A background in Administration, Security, consulting, and troubleshooting will prepare you well for this opportunity. The focus of this role will be on core Splunk installations and gathering Splunk data across the enterprise, to feed into core Splunk and Splunk Apps. Additionally, you will play a central role in expanding the IT Operations and Analytics practice.
Attaining the IT operations goals of the engineering team by demonstrating sound decision-making, disciplined technical execution, domain expertise, and a relentless focus on customer experience will be critical to your position. While this role requires specific Splunk Enterprise expertise, we will provide preferential consideration for candidates who have worked with other monitoring solutions such as BMC TrueSight Operations Management, Dynatrace, App Dynamics, or SCOM preciously.
Competing candidates with a demonstrable degree of self-motivation for learning new technologies, logical thinking, and out-of-the-box problem-solving skills will have an added advantage. We are always looking for talent that thrives in a pack of highly collaborative associates with a strong interest to learn new technologies and development methodologies.
As the Splunk Architect, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to, the following:
- In-depth experience assessing, designing, and implementing enterprise-scale Splunk solutions.
- Act as the Splunk SME providing input into strategies, capabilities, and integrations to improve the availability and performance of applications.
- Provide architecture-level design to support and operate Splunk using security information and event management (SIEM) or security event management (SEM) best practices.
- Design Splunk systems to meet growth while maintaining a balance between performance, stability, and agility.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and strong technical learning aptitude are required.
- Strong communication, presentation, and client relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of best practices and industry standards such as ITIL Service Delivery processes.
- Work closely with Service Owners to review service delivery quality with a focus on continuous improvement.
Necessary Skills for this role:
- Previous experience in a similar client-facing consulting role, ideally with an IT Services or Consultancy business.
- 6+ years of relevant hands-on experience in projects involving IT infrastructure monitoring with Splunk Enterprise.
- Demonstratable understanding/experience/certification of Cloud technologies and services (Azure, Google, AWS)
- Strong knowledge of Splunk architecture, administration, and custom development (Splunk certified admin/architect/developer or equivalent experience) across Splunk Enterprise.
- Experience administering and/or developing an enterprise-level implementation of Splunk (clustered architecture).
- Proficient in Splunk query language (SPL) and experienced in developing and supporting custom Splunk search head applications for specific use cases.
- Splunk experience includes, but is not limited to, Splunk Administration; Splunk Search Processing language; Splunk Reporting, and Dashboard Creation.
- Experience in application load balancing in Splunk and/or using DNS and Load Balancing Services (such as F5)
- You should be versed in Linux Shell/Python scripting.
- Ingest data from data sources or create custom add-ons for non-standard data sources
- Run simple and advanced searches to create custom alerts and reports
- Performance optimization of existing and new search queries and dashboards
- Data onboarding: Requirements gathering, design, implementation, and testing, to onboard new data sources to Splunk via Universal Forwarders, HTTP Event Collector, APIs, Syslog, etc.
- Map data to Splunk CIM, to meet stakeholder and data governance requirements.
- Deploy and configure Splunk premium add-ons
Good to have skills:
- Ansible, CI/CD tools, particularly Jenkins.
- Experienced user of Git / GitHub, Splunk Phantom, Syslog, JIRA, and Confluence.
- A broader level of experience within Enterprise Monitoring & Event Management.
- Working knowledge of SecDevOps, SAFe, and Agile Way Of Working.
Partner with Us!
Our solutions are all aimed towards automating the IT services at the same time ensuring cost-effective solutions without compromising on the time to deliver or the quality of the services.
Successfully enabling IT service management to large companies and public organization in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and the UK.
Address: Sveavägen 155, 10tr, 113 46 Stockholm Org.nr: 55 65 86 – 85 50
Phone: +46 70-268 95 64