For over 10 years, Comparo has been transforming the way businesses utilize IT to steer their customer-centric services. We have proven ourselves to be known for the efficiency and flexibility that an IT Services & Management company offers. This wouldn’t be possible without our interdisciplinary and international team achieving that impeccable balance of creativity and analytical problem-solving skills. We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the most trusted advisors amongst our client base. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
About the role
The BSM Architect is a pre and post-sales role. You will be responsible for educating customers on how to run IT as a service-oriented business, responsible for helping create true business value and in the making keeping cost low and quality high. In order to be truly accountable for the delivery of the business service, IT needs a BSM Strategy that is flexible and easy to implement. It needs to allow focused, bi-directional monitoring, reporting on systems and services that are critical to all the enterprise functions. Such a system should be able to provide a single point of control for operations and line-of-business management.
This role requires a deep understanding of infrastructure and networking technologies, along with the ability to understand and interpret organizational dynamics and the ability to positively influence key technology and enterprise architecture decision-makers. Applicants must have excellent knowledge of how to secure and control the IT service management assets right from the stage of discovering to consolidated configuration management and finally enable service monitoring. You must be highly skilled with relevant hands-on experience with BMC Software’s DSM solutions such as BMC Discovery, BMC Truesight and BMC CMDB.
Proven experience as a solution architect with direct interaction with the customer and end-users across multiple organisations, with at least 8 years’ of experience in Banking and Telecommunication domain, under BMC Products will be highly preferred.
This position works across Application Development, Service Delivery and Infrastructure to identify, research, discuss, design and implement key enterprise architecture standards. Other responsibilities include:
- Research, design, document, build, and pilot prioritized topics for standards.
- Work closely with Development, Infrastructure, and Service Delivery teams to understand their needs.
- Drive the identification, development and implementation of both solutions and standards in areas such as Asset Discovery, Application Mapping, Performance and Availability Monitoring, Event Management etc.
- Propose new enterprise standards based on business need, IT need and technology advances.
- Assist development teams to implement the standards into business applications. Investigate new technology and techniques that should be developed into an agency enterprise architecture standard.
- Leads key enterprise architectural design projects as necessary. Operate as a business-savvy technical leader across the organization.
- Influences development teams to design high-quality technical solutions that fit the Enterprise Architecture and standards.
- Educates application development managers, developers, and business analysts on State Enterprise Architecture Standards.
Enterprise Discovery & Software Asset Management
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure level
- Develop custom patterns to enhance discovery data quality
- Troubleshooting whenever the application components stopped being discovered.
- Backup and recovery of the datacentre appliances
- Integration with BMC Remedy/Salesforce
- Sound knowledge of the Discovery Exception process management.
- Perform system and application setup/support and maintenance in conjunction with the regularly scheduled maintenance
- Scripting knowledge (Unix, Perl, Python, SQL)
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with appliance health monitoring
- BMC Certified Professional/Expert for BMC Discovery 11.x
Infrastructure & Application Performance Monitoring
- Operational fluency in both Windows and UNIX environments.
- Experience with other monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, HP OpenView, SCOM, etc.
- Expecience with Service Monitoring in context of business services (SLAs) and Event analytics
- Planning/Deployment/Configuration/ Administration of the BMC TrueSight Operations Management and underlying components.
- Background in working in an environment which uses BMC ITSM Suite of products such as Remedy, CMDB, My IT, RSSO.
- Provide high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, and implementation.
- Advice on exceptionally complex problems that necessitate a high-level knowledge of the BMC’s Automation & Orchestration products for effective implementation.
- BMC Certified Professional/Expert for BMC TSOM 11.x
Centralized Configuration Management Database
- Service organisation design.
- Service management process/procedure definition.
- Customer engagement (to agree with processes & interfaces).
- Service desk and service reporting design.
- Service management / design proposals to customers.
- Change Requests for projects which require out of scope deliverables.
- Provide exceptional support during any of service lifecycle phases, but is usually focused on Transition.
- Knowledge of ITIL v3.
- Service Design/Architecture experience.
- Service Implementation background.
- Service Management Tool Design & Specification experience.
- BMC Certified Professional/Expert for ITSM
Partner with Us!
Our solutions are all aimed towards automating the IT services at the same time ensuring cost-effective solutions without compromising on the time to deliver or the quality of the services.
Successfully enabling IT service management to large companies and public organization in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and the UK.
Address: Sveavägen 155, 10tr, 113 46 Stockholm Org.nr: 55 65 86 – 85 50
Phone: +46 70-268 95 64